8 June 2016
Trent Howard Inc. is a vital supplier of flexible packaging to the Food Industry over the last 20+ years. Our food grade packaging products are produced on leading edge equipment by our well-trained and well-informed employees. Our mandate as a responsible corporate citizen is to continuously improve our scope of packaging sustainability. We strive to produce lightweight films for a smaller shipping footprint. Our green offerings include oxo-degradable and bio-degradable /compostable options that do help the environment in many ways. Our team is always reviewing alternative material technologies as more options become available as a result of environmentally conscious practices.
The following objectives are what our team focus is to maximise sources of energy and sustainability:
- Maximizing energy efficiency through machinery maintenance programs.
- Minimizing end use product waste through weight reductions of the materials we use.
- Recycling our own internal waste created by our manufacturing processes.
- Optimizing and reducing transportation footprint impact – less frequent shipments and railway preferences for long haul customer deliveries.
- Capital investments in new more energy efficient machinery that generates much less production and internal waste.
- To cooperate, encourage and support recycling programs locally and nationally for the plastics packaging industry.
We as a flexible packaging producer establish our contributions to eco-friendly processes as per our manufacturing practices. We would also like to take this opportunity to point out that the flexible packaging to product ratios is the lowest among all packaging formats in use.